KYLE RILEY'S BIO & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
HIGHLIGHTS & PUBLIC SERVICE
Kyle Riley married his childhood sweetheart; Ana (Pacheco) Riley, and God blessed them with six children; Brenna, age 24; a 3rd year Law Student, Gaelen; age 22, completed her undergraduate degree at University of Massachusetts, Connor; age 20, Biology Major at Butler University, Jensen; age 17, Senior at BMC Durfee H.S., Colman; age 15, Sophomore at BMC Durfee H.S. and Seamus; age 8, 3rd grade student at St. Michael's Parish Church School. Kyle and his family reside in their family home on Hyde Street in Fall River.
Kyle's paternal Great-Grandparents and Grandparents owned and operated Riley's Bakery on Warren Street, Fall River, just below the apartment where Kyle lived with his father Richard Riley and his mother, Gayle (Greeley) Riley. In later years he lived with his mother and brother Patrick a couple of houses down from the bakery. From a very young age Kyle learned the values of hard work and caring about others from the real life examples of his paternal Grandparents. They rose very early in the morning to bake their bread, pastries and pies. And long before there were soup kitchens, his Grandparents followed a tradition of giving their extra baked goods to families in need. As a youngster Kyle spent many days and nights working alongside them learning to do what is right in life.
Kyle's maternal Grandfather Ray Greeley served in the military as a Gunnery Instructor at West Point. He then served as a Fall River Police Officer and later in life worked for the Bell Telephone Company. His maternal Grandmother Mae worked for the Fall River Public Schools. For thirty-eight years while working to support her family, Kyle's mother Gayle was the Director of Catechism at Sts. Peter and Paul's Church.
Kyle attended the Tansey Elementary School and Morton Middle School, and with the assistance of scholarships, he attended and graduated from Bishop Connolly High School, where he met his wife of 26 years, Ana. Kyle's family foundation, local education, his marriage to Ana and their decision to raise a family in Fall River are what inspires Kyle today. The choices he has made and continue to make as a husband, as a father, as a person and as a proud citizen of Fall River have prepared him to be our Mayor. Kyle believes that Fall River is a City of Opportunity for economic growth and to live and raise a family.
Following this brief biography are highlights of Kyle's accomplishments and public service to assist you when talking to your family and friends about why Kyle Riley is the Right Choice for Mayor. If you have any questions or want to contact Kyle or anyone else in the campaign please utilize this web site.
- Master's Degree with fifteen credits earned towards his Doctorate Degree
- Fall River School Committee 98-01, Co-Chair New School Building Oversight Committee
- Fall River City Council 01-03, Chaired Real Estate and Council and School Committee
- Liaison Fall River Youth Soccer Association 20 years, board member, coach, President
- North Park Little League Past Vice President, Coach, Minor League Director, Fund Raiser
- Sis. Peter & Paul's Basketball Coach, Managed multiple teams and managed league.
- St. Michael's Church, Catechism Teacher, Elementary Level.
- St. Michael's Basketball, Futsal, Coach for boys and girls.
- Wish Come True Volunteer Fundraiser; supporting children with life threatening illness
- Elks Club of Fall River 22 year Member, in the tradition of my Life Member Grandfather.
- St. Peter and Paul's Parish Council, planned activities, events and finances, Festival Chair
- District Attorney's Office; Community Outreach & Education
- 2nd District Court House; Computer Data Services Lead.
- Director of Education, prepare budgets, assign staff, evaluate programs and personnel.
- Director of Special Education, develop multi level budget allocations, program management
- Acting Superintendent; Consult and coordinate with staff re: Special Education Objectives - Assistant Superintendent; Student Services. Prepare and verify budget requests,
- Principal; Turnaround Agent; Redesign quality education plans, grants, Medical Services, - Vice Principal; Attendance Programming, increasing average student attendance by 40%
- Instructor/Teacher; Grades 1-12, including Special Education, College at Masters Level
- Prepared and managed multi-million dollar municipal system budgets and grants. - Personnel Management of staff at all levels of administration and support services.
- Grant Development for Federal and State funding, document and submit pertinent data.
- Supervision of Federal and State Programs re: education, health services, programs.
- City of Fall River Municipal Budget; analysis, approval and disapproval of city expenditures.
- City of Fall River Education District Budget; analysis, approval and disapproval of funding.
- People Person: Work well with a wide range of people on varied issues achieving success.
Certified Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent/Voc Tech Supt. Asst. Supt. Business Manager, Director Special Education, Multi Level Principal, including Vocational Education Boston & New York Marathon Runner; Ran/Finished 5X to raise money for non-profit charities. Elected Communications Director Democratic City Committee